Attaining quality customers isn’t easy. Today’s customers are generally unresponsive to traditional advertising and marketing, such as trade publications and cold calling. This has caused many businesses to seek out ways they can leverage their website and social media platforms to generate quality leads.
Correctly implemented, the online world will allow your business to utilise digital means effectively by enhancing your sales team. The ‘Digital Sales Funnel’ helps businesses by demonstrating how this can be achieved.
So how can an understanding of the digital sales funnel help your business?
1. “WHAT DO I NEED?”
The top of the sales funnel sees businesses attain a large selection of unqualified leads, also known as the ‘attract’ stage. These leads are basically strangers that have been attracted to your business through one of your online marketing strategies. The goal? Sort through these leads and classify which are your ideal customers and, therefore a ‘quality lead’. These are prospective customers that need your product or service and have the budget to pay for it. This stage is aimed at educating buyers, not selling to them and, digital marketing uses content to accomplish this. Your content should reflect the prospect’s interests.
· The buyer is trying to solve a problem or meet a need.
· You have to offer an answer or solution to their problem which can be achieved through keyword-rich content like blogs.
· The problem-solving blogs are perfect for increasing website traffic and increasing possible leads.
· Effective offers are informative and include guides and eBooks.
2. “WHY DO I NEED IT FROM YOU?”
The next step of the equation is the middle of the sales funnel, or the ‘convert’ stage. This is arguably the most critical part. In this stage, prospects know they have a problem and are actively seeking a solution. Customers in this stage are one step closer to making a purchase and are usually considered good leads. Here you match the prospect need with a solution your business offers.
· Show how or why your product or service is the best choice.
· Attain information from these leads by utilising a landing page and conversion form which you can create into a mailing list.
· The customer is trying to distinguish between you and your competitor. Make sure you stand out!
· Effective offers convince the customer they need the product from you via content such as case studies or recorded webinars.
3. “WHY SHOULD I BUY NOW?”
The next stage is the bottom of the sales funnel, or the ‘close’ stage. The customer is ready to buy; the question is whom will they buy from. These customers need slight prompting to take action. The right offer at the right time is critical in closing these leads!
· All of your stages should be integrated; this takes a lot of work and planning.
· Without being ‘pushy’, always give the option to get in contact with a sales team.
· In this stage you can use a customer’s final objections as content offers.
· Effective offers can include free trials, assessments or coupons, give the customer that final nudge to purchase your product.
4. The Forgotten Stage
So the customer has purchased your product or service, that’s great! However you need to ‘delight’ your customer, which will cause them to become promoter for your brand. Whether you require repeat business or a customer only buys once, this stage is crucial. Some businesses see their work as finished after the customer has spent their money, however customer retention and loyalty is the key ingredient to a successful business.
· Your customers can become free brand ambassadors. Positive word of mouth is priceless.
· You still need to engage your customers through marketing to make them feel like your business appreciates their loyalty.
· Speak to your customers and ask for feedback.
· Social media and emails are a great way to engage with your existing customers!
Creative Revolution will help you map out a digital strategy that aligns with your business goals, creating a set of measurable targets to work towards.
Download our social media ads PDF to see the full details of our three most popular packages, including package levels, pricing, and features.
We designed and developed a gorgeous and simple website for Bendigo's longest-running travel agency. And along the way we refreshed the logo, developed a colour palette, and wrote a brand new slogan! Phew; we were busy on this one! But it was totally worth it because the results are stunning!View Project
We created a modern and classic logo with a Griffin crest to imply wealth and strength, paired with a calm and strong colour palette. This was delivered along with a full range of brand collateral and a comprehensive website design.View Project
After 35 years in business working with Melbourne's leading builders, it amazes us that VHC Engineers had never had a logo, or even a website for that matter. Never. But fear not! We changed all of that by developing a brand strategy to guide the development of a new brand identity followed by rollout of an extensive website design that elevates the brand in a competitive market landscape.View Project
Send us your message and we'll be in touch shortly to discuss how we can help you achieve your goals. We're looking forward to hearing from you and getting the conversation started.